PhD in Media and Communication
PhD Application Requirements
- MSc. Media and Communication of the School of Media and Communication or Mass Communication and related fields from other universities, with a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or above out of 5 or 3 and above out of 4.
- Other Masters degrees (such as MBA, M.Ed., or MSc) in communication-related arts/humanities, social or physical sciences with a GPA of 4 out of 5 or 3 out of 4 may be considered. Such candidates will be required to audit all relevant compulsory courses at the MSc level.
- MPhil with a 60% GPA (for those with an MPhil degree in a communication discipline from other institutions)
- A satisfactory research proposal
- Academic Transcript (to be submitted before the end of December 2018)
- 70% score in SMC proposal defense.
- 4000 – 5000-word proposal on a thesis topic. (The proposal must include: Research Objectives, Statement of the Problem, Justification of the Study, Review of Relevant Literature, Methodology, and Referencing should be in APA style).
Admission from MPhil level courses
Students with MPhil degrees that have had no prior media and communication education will be required to take an additional 18 credit units of media and communication compulsory courses to broaden their understanding of the discipline of media and communication. The courses to be taken will be determined by the Faculty Board on the recommendation of the Ph.D. Director and the candidate’s Faculty Advisor.
12 February 2018 – 24 August 2018
6 October 2018
N50, 000 to be paid after filling the application form online at sims.pau.edu.ng
Lecture Structure/Days: Saturday (9:00am – 6:00pm)