B.Sc. in Mass Communication
UTME Entry Requirements
- Current JAMB approved cut-off mark
- O’ Level result (5 credits Mathematics and English inclusive)
- Apply through sims.pau.edu.ng
- The required UTME subjects are English Language and any three subjects from Arts and Social Science.
Direct Entry Requirements
To be eligible, an applicant is required to have one of the following qualifications:
- Two advanced level credits in Arts, Social Science or Science subjects.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB) in relevant subjects.
- NCE with merit in a relevant discipline
- An OND/HND credit level in a relevant discipline.
Inter-university Transfer Requirements
a. A transfer student must be a current student of the university from which he/she seeks to transfer and should have a clean disciplinary record.
b. A transfer student from a Nigerian University is required to possess a JAMB score that is not less than the minimum score of PAU students admitted into his/her intended department in his/her admission year or the minimum JAMB score as approved in the year of admission into the university.
c. A transfer student should possess the minimum Pan-Atlantic and inter departmental entry requirement and should have obtained these prior to entry into the university from where transfer is being sought.
d. A transfer student should have made a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.50 on a 5.00 point scale to qualify to be considered for admission into 200 level. Students with CGPA not lower than 1.50 may be considered for admission into 100 level.
e. The application should be accompanied by student’s transcript, which will be verified.
f. If at any stage irregularity is discovered in the papers presented by the students, such students shall be withdrawn from the University.
g. A student can only transfer into the same course of study – or a similar course where applicable – that he/she was engaged in previously in his/her original university.
h. The number of students offered admission by transfer shall not exceed 10% of the number of students in the class they are to join.
I. The application procedure for inter-university transfer will remain open until the close of the admission process.