Strategic Communication & Advocacy Skills for Lawyers
Law effectively is about persuasive communication and to succeed, every lawyer worth his name must be adept in the critical aspects of communication – verbal and non-verbal. In essence, the success of a lawyer is not just a function of knowledge acquired in school but more importantly, how he communicates that knowledge appropriately in a way that will make him stand out from the pack and, as well, make galactic impact on those who receive the information he intends to communicate.
Yet, many lawyers are not well equipped for this transition because it is wrongly assumed that as lawyers there is an implicit capacity to be good communicators, thereby shutting the door to strategic self-development required for optimal performance as professional or corporate legal players. It is against this backdrop that this workshop is designed to help lawyers address this salient part of career progression and success.
The main aim of this workshop is to equip lawyers with up to date critical verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills required for impactful and rewarding professional, business or career life.
Other Objectives are:
- To re-skill participants for the art of effective professional writing for court room and other uses.
- To equip participants with tools for winning advocacy and debates.
- Critical thinking for effective legal rhetoric and argumentation
- Back to basics – Writing & producing outstanding legal briefs
- Effective Communication in Negotiating & ADR (issues
- Non verbal & Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Audience Management Skills
- Effective Legal Communication in a corporate context
- Aspects of good writing
- Leveraging the new social media for effective professional communication
- Effective use of personal grooming and personal effectiveness for impactful communication
- Brand issues in organizational communication
- Business and Communication ethics
- Using visuals for impactful communication
- Using CSR for effective communication
At the end of the program, participants would be able to:
- Develop skills to make better impact with their presentations inside or outside the courtrooms and to keep audiences alert and focused
- Set key strategic approach in communicating with intended audience effectively and getting the desired outcome
- Act more proactively and effectively in the use of time to develop better interpersonal skill
- Be more ethnical in handling issues of professional communication without being manipulative to be effective
- Legal Practitioners
- In House Corporate Counsel
- State Counsel
- Lawyers in national security services (ARMED FORCES, EFCC, ICPC, NIGERIA POLICE, CUSTOMS, IMMIGRATION, etc)
- Lawyers in public service (Federal or State ministries, agencies or parastatals)
The seminar will run in 3 consecutive days and will be interspersed with Lectures, Case Studies, Technical Notes, Exercises, Group Work and Role-playing.
Fees₦198,000 (without accommodation)
N230,000 (with accommodation + dinner)
Dates for Strategic Communication & Advocacy Skills for Lawyers
Isaac – 0803 346 0440, 0708 034 9378
Opeyemi – 0806 638 5629, 0806 564 6271
Email – email@example.com