The Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Community Relations will run in the 2021 academic session.
The Postgraduate Diploma Programme of the School of Media and Communication (SMC) is a 12-month programme in Community Relations.
KEY POINTS OF THE PROGRAMME:
- The PGD is structured to run for nine months in a session of two semesters, from October to July each year.
- The lecture structure is blended: three Saturday online classes every month, and one-week intensive classroom lectures every two months in a semester — a semester consists of 17 weeks.
- The programme is structured for professionals who are ready for the dynamics of the changing business environment in emerging markets.
- The programme has been designed to provide participants with learning at their convenience while providing them with quality education.
- It is structured to enable participants to apply new skills and knowledge to their jobs.
Postgraduate Diploma in Community Relations
The Postgraduate Diploma in Community Relations of the School of Media and Communication explores the conceptual, topical, and technical aspects of Community Relations as a specialized organizational practice. Students will learn the importance, nature, changing contexts, and techniques of various aspects of Community Relations.
Comparisons and contrasts would be drawn between Community Relations practice by organizations in advanced economies and those operating in developing countries like Nigeria, in order to develop competencies that ensure best practices in community work, be it in the oil and gas industry, in telecommunications, in manufacturing, or in governmental and non-governmental agencies.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Community Relations is structured as a two-semester programme that will run for twelve months and an additional three months of internship for purposes of industrial experience. Altogether, the duration of the programme is twelve months.
The programme fees are N1, 517, 050. 33, and they cover tuition, course materials (no textbooks), the use of ancillary facilities, etc.
However, the tuition fees can be paid in installments as follows:
Plan A: Full Tuition Fees: N1, 517, 050. 33 with 2.0% discount (N1, 486, 709. 3234)
(The discount is applicable if the payment is made in full upon admission in September 2021)
Plan B: 1st Semester Fees: N758, 525. 165 (September 2021)
2nd Semester Fees: N758, 525. 165 (March 2022)
Plan C: 1st Installment: N500, 000 (upon admission in September 2021)
2nd Installment: N158, 525. 165 (November 2021)
3rd Installment: N100,000 (January 2022)
(The same fees are applicable in the 2nd Semester)
- Entry requirement:
* 5 credit passes at O’level (including English)
* University degree /HND in any discipline
Academic transcript to be submitted December 2021
* NYSC Certificate or an exemption letter
- Application dates: 25 January 2021 to 25 September 2021
- Application fees: N10, 000 to be paid after filling the form
- Lecture Format: Three Saturday online classes every month (Saturday: 9.00 am to 6.00 pm) and one-week intensive classroom lectures every 2 months in a semester (Monday – Saturday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- I have attached Reference forms and transcript forms for upload
- Lecture venue and contact details would remain the same as Msc details
- The entrance exam is Oral assessment and Essay writing
For further enquiries, please call 07088641465, 07017825427 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org