…become a digital information, multimedia and communication expert!
Our B.Sc. degree programme in Information Science and Media Studies draws on advances in computer science and its application in diverse fields of media. The programme will prepare students to work in modern day industries as digital information and media experts. Career prospects for graduates of this course include computer software programming; web and mobile applications development; online broadcast design; audiovisual production including sound and visual effects; animation and games for entertainment, advertisement and various forms of instructional content.
Students of this course will also be trained to operate with a strong creative, innovative, entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial mindset.
The B.Sc in Information Science and Media Studies degree at the School of Media and Communication Pan-Atlantic University is accredited by the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON). This accreditation serves the interest of SMC graduates by eliminating the necessity for writing the Advertising professional examinations if they choose a career in Advertising. Students who want to pursue advertising as a career are thereby enabled to get direct professional registration upon graduation.
Courses you will study include
- Computer-aided Design in Media
- Web-based Technologies & Multimedia
- Multimedia Database Management Systems
- Programming Languages & Packages for Digital Media
- Creativity and Innovation
- Media Production Process
- Fundamentals of Film & Cinematography
- Digital Colour Technology
- Interactive & Motion Graphics
- Audio and Visual Special Effects
- Computer Animation Production
- Digital Rendering
- Internet Broadcasting
- E-commerce and Business Communication
- Communication in English
- Mathematical and Statistical Methods