Welcome to a study in the field that shapes the way we live in our world today.
The B.Sc Mass Communication degree at the School of Media and Communication Pan-Atlantic University is accredited by the Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON). This accreditation serves the interest of SMC graduates by eliminating the necessity for writing the Advertising professional examinations if they choose a career in Advertising. Students who want to pursue advertising as a career are thereby enabled to get direct professional registration upon graduation.
Aspects you will study include:
- Computer Graphics Design
- Computer Animation
- TV and Video Production
- Photo Journalism
- Radio Broadcasting
- Book Publishing
- Advertising Techniques
- Corporate Communications
- Internet and Digital Communication
- Features and Magazine writing
- News Reporting and Editing
- Script Writing
SMC…Redefining the media and communication landscape. At the School of Media and Communication (SMC) , we aspire the hub of learning in media and communication in the African continent. Here, creativity meets enterprise and theory meets practise. Since its inception in 2006 (as the Centre for Media and Communication), the SMC has been on a journey that has led us to redefine programming in the media and communication landscape in our country. Going at breathtaking pace, we started the M.Sc. in Media and Communication, two years after we were born, in such innovative fields as Marketing Communications, Journalism and Media Enterprise. Soon after, we commenced PGD programmes in Design and Digital Media, Community Relations and Multimedia Journalism. Early in 2014, we began our PhD in Media and Communication. To complete our new vision of becoming a full fledged university, in November 2014, we introduced a B.Sc. in Mass Communication while planning to enrich our offerings with other innovative areas in the very near future. Our Undergraduate programmes are designed to:
- provide you with quality education in media and communication studies
- prepare you for entry into the exciting world of media and communication
- make you the best choice for employers in your chosen career
Why you should choose SMC…
- Our programmes are accredited by relevant academic and professional bodies.
- We maintain a close relationship with notable international universities.
- We have firm collaborations with leading industry and corporate organizations in Nigeria and overseas.
- We have a wide alumni network that will help nurture your career and develop rewarding contacts in relevant business organizations.