Being good at language skills gives you a competitive edge in all fields of human endeavour as you achieve clarity and accuracy in communication. You will be able to push your views and opinions across more easily as you become more convincing in your presentations.
Good diction forms the hinge on which good speaking skills rolls. It’s understanding, therefore, is fundamental to the development of language skills, including speaking skills. The masterclass in language skills is designed to build up the proficiency of participants in spoken English. It will seek to tackle language deficiencies from their roots by paying attention to such rudiments as pronunciation drills (diction), word forms and their usages, as well as mother tongue interference problems.
The aim is to elevate your speaking skills to the desirable standards, expand your word register and lexicon so as to increase your professional confidence. Being good at language skills gives you a competitive edge in all fields of human endeavour as you achieve clarity and accuracy in communication. You will be able to push your views and opinions across more easily as you become more convincing in your presentations. Fluency in spoken English equally improves pitching skills.
Opeyemi – 0806 638 5629
Isaac – 0803 346 0440
Professional Education – 0805 812 7207
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mode of Delivery:
Participants will be engaged through a variety of methodologies and hands-on exercises consisting of:
– Use of cases
– Syndicated discussions
– Many exercises
At the end of this course, you will have a greater understanding of some of the rules of English pronunciation and how they can differ. As well as looking at elements such as vowels, consonants and other features, you will also examine different English accents. Ultimately, this course can help you set and reach your personal goals for English pronunciation. In addition, you will be able to:
1. Describe features of English pronunciation that are important for mutual understanding;
2. Explain the differences between your own English pronunciation and that of speakers with other mother tongues;
3. Apply what you have learned about English pronunciation to your English accent;
4. Reflect on the nature of different English accents.
5. Get enlightened on diction/the right accent.
6. Be helped to appreciate and apply the right intonation in speaking.
7. Know the right ways to pronounce words will be emphasized and drills will be carried out to perfect skills in speaking.
8. Speak using the right (British) accent (Received Pronunciation)
9. Rid themselves of mother tongue interference.
10. Improve their critical thinking and language skills generally.
This course is for anyone who yearns to speak good English, in their studies, work, or personal lives. If you want to improve your English pronunciation, this is the ideal opportunity to set and achieve goals.
N265,000 per participant
N415,000 (with accommodation and dinner for 5 nights)